Click on Jai Bhim picture for a free copy of this Anglo-Indian Inspiring Book

Thursday 25 November 2010

My iPhone is not coming to the Shanty Towns; instead it's going to a 6 year old so he can walk amongst the stars

I have decided not to expose those I meet in India to my iPhone, not to take YouTube clips and not to be endlessly blogging, tweeting and facebooking whilst taking in this vast country that is coming towards me at a rate of 2,000 miles a week at present!
(To quote the Hitch Hickers Guide to the Galaxy and the Whale that fell to Earth: "I hope it's friendly").
It's hard for me to part from my iPhone, like this woman below:


The Freelending CIC iphone; which surprisingly no-one has yet borrowed from www.freelender.org is now going to a 6 year old in the UK (assisted by his mum). I'm not sure, out of these, who will be showing who how to use it.
Anyhow, it will help the 6 year old learn about the stars he loves, thanks to the jaw-dropping Star-Walk (GPS enabled planetarium in your pocket) app.

If you've never heard about freelender.org before, here is what the leading(?) sustainability think-tank in the UK (?) had to say about us earlier this year:

"Local sharing schemes like Landshare, Hospitality Club and Freelender.org mean you don't need to own your allotment, car or drill, and you can sofa-surf your way around the world without ever having to book a hotel. Such schemes were predicted only two years ago in Forum for the Future's project 'Low Carbon Living 2022; but are already proliferating on the web." (Editorial from Forum for the Future; probably the leading UK environmental think-tank).

In contrast to the iPhone YouTube video, here is a film of some of the work I'm going to see in India with www.karuna.org

No comments:

Post a Comment