Click on Jai Bhim picture for a free copy of this Anglo-Indian Inspiring Book

Sunday 18 December 2011

Dear Band of Brothers; I share some correspondence (via Facebook) with Sangharakshita;

Hi Guys
I was gobsmacked to find in Bhante's memoires that Hastings was the first place he took meditation teaching outside London. I asked him where exactly and was gobsmacked by the reply.
This morning, I wrote this to him (again via Facebook).
I urge you all to write quality stuff on his wall as it sometimes otherwise gets junk posted there.
Jai Bhim
Paul

Dear Bhante, I am fondly remembering cooking cheese on toast for you a few years ago (when the spicy food offered in our Bristol Buddhist Community was not what you wanted for your well-being then). I have had my strongest visualisation in bed this morning, I definitely was awake, with my eyes open when the Buddha winked at me. I was aware it was the Buddha from Aloka's triptych in the basement of the LBC, where for 6months I meditated daily with the http://karuna.org door-knocking team. The Buddha winked at me. (& many thanks for your 'Warrior Square' wink to me -someone relevant has just pooped up there.) much gratitude, particularly for your account of your friendship with Terry in 'Against the Stream'; my warmth to you as an individual grew 10 fold in reading that.


With love from
Paul
(Ethical Outings in Hastings
- who would you shop? How will you act to get justice in Hastings? What does 'social justice' in relation to the pier look like to you:
http://sussexcommunity.blogspot.com)

Also:
The 'Man of Many T-shirts'
(looking out in 2012 for a sponsorship deal from a T-shirt printers)

http://additionalinfo.blogspot.com
& YouTube Channel Toothpaste007

Tel 0780 70 66 202 - please consider calling for more connection than an e-mail; I'll probably have some minutes (2,000 a month) to call back.

Buddhist Tools for Living,p33:
"Most of us talk to ourselves; there is an internal voice providing us with a running commentary on our day. What is the emotional tone of this voice? Are we talking to ourselves in a way in which we wouldn't dare talk to others? Is the voice harsh, moaning, or over-critical? If so, can we soften the voice, and let it be kinder and more forgiving?

Or is it a voice of self-pity, feeling let down by other people and blaming the world for our misery? Such self-pity is corrosive. Even if we HAVE been let down by others, it is no use wallowing in these feelings. Eventually we need to pick ourselves up, dust ourselves down, and start again. In order to be able to do this, we need to acknowledge our pain, admit to ourselves that we were hurt, and bring to this hurt a sense of kindness.

P34 We can remind ourselves of our positive qualities. ...I often work by imagining qualities that I would like to develop. ...I see how I could be different. Then I actually start to FEEL different.

No comments:

Post a Comment